Saturday, May 21, 2011

Posh Elite (Designer Edition): Dumebi Iyamah

Posh Culture would like to introduce our next Posh Elite Dumebi Iyamah.  Dumebi is a self-taught Nigerian designer working her way up in the fashion industry with her impeccable creativity and style. This multitalented designer also dabbles in art and photography which she believes allows her to see life from a different perspective. In her own words, "its bliss to be able to capture moments people overlook and create substance out of it".  Posh Culture is proud to feature Dumebi because she is a lady with dreams that is going places..Watch out fashion world, Dumebi is taking over!!









Name:  Dumebi Iyamah

Website? www.andreaiyamah.blogspot.com

What does fashion mean to you?  Fashion means a lot to me. Its fun to be able to bring my imagination to reality by creating distinct designs. Fashion is an expression of who I am and how I feel. I love colors, which is very obvious from my collection. I’m a fun friendly person one I would call a colorful personality.

When did your love for designing begin?  I have grown up in a family that embraces fashion to the fullest. My mom inspired me from a young age with her great sense of style. She also worked part time as a makeup artiste, so I was exposed to beauty and creativity from an early age. At the age of 13 she suggested I attend sewing classes so I would be able to create my designs.

Can you tell us about your latest collection and the inspiration behind it?  My latest collection the “Dinma Collection” is definitely inspired by the seasons spring and summer. I played with a lot of bright colors and African fabric to suit the season.

Are there any key pieces in the collection? There are no key pieces in the collection; I tried to put my creativity in each piece as much as possible. Its hard to pick my favorites, I love every piece

Did you make this collection with a certain audience in mind? If yes, who and why? This collection was made for every age actually. I try to reach every age range as much as possible, to satisfy a wide range of people.

Any fashion advice for Posh readers?  Be confident in what you consider is your fashion. One thing is to never try too hard, embrace what you feel suits your personality and body; you don’t particularly have to wear what every one is wearing, but what your comfortable in. 




 
Meet the designer...


In our eyes, Dumebi is worthy of royalty

The pleasure is ours,

Total Pageviews